- From about 5:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday and Sunday / Holidays 8:00am – 6:00pm, ART (Asheville Redefines Transit) provides bus service throughout the City of Asheville and to the Town of Black Mountain (See individual route schedule for exact times)
- The routes that serve UNC Asheville operating later service Thursday through Saturday.
- The City encourages everyone to try using the transit service.
- Stay up to date on any service changes by checking the Service Alerts page for service outages or route change that may affect your travel plans. To get notices via text or email about changes use ART’s NextBus Service.
- Routes originate from the ART Station, located at 49 Coxe Avenue in downtown Asheville (next to the U.S. Post Office). The ART Station is conveniently located and provides restrooms, indoor and outdoor seating and an on-duty information assistant until 9:30pm. The assistant can provide you with the latest maps and schedules; help you with monthly or annual pass purchases; and answer questions that you may have about riding the bus in Asheville.
- Click here for information on Paratransit/ADA.
This map shows street, road, sidewalk, lane, and greenway closures.
Learn about using a wheelchair on the bus, service animal information, and reasonable accommodations for riders with a disability.
Let the City know about incidents or issues you have experienced with the bus system.
Learn about rules of behavior on the bus, and what items or animals you can bring on the bus.
Learn about how to safely bring your bicycle on the bus.
Find your best route and learn how to get real-time bus information like when your next bus will arrive.
Information about fares for riding the bus, as well as ticket booklets, monthly passes, and annual passes.
Bus route information, maps and schedules.
Alerts such as route delays, closures, and out-of-service stops.
ART buses to run on holiday schedule Asheville City government offices will be closed Monday, May 27, in observance of the Memorial Day holiday. Though City offices will be closed, Sanitation services will run on schedule. Trash and recycling will be collected as normal on May 27. The Sanitation Division will not collect […]
The first phase of ART Transit Station improvements are about to begin! On Monday, April 15, local contactor NHM Constructors will bring their crew in to mobilize for the stormwater drainage improvement project to the bus travel lanes and sidewalk. The construction crew will begin on the north side of the bus travel […]
ART bus riders can look forward to an improved transit station downtown in the next year. At their Feb. 12 meeting, Asheville City Council authorized the City Manager to execute a contract for the first phase of the renovation — the stormwater drainage improvement project to the bus travel lanes and sidewalk. This work is […]